WWII US Army 7th Infantry Division Operation Flintlock Helmet and Liner - Post War Shell
This listing is for a totally restored US M1 helmet and liner (post war shell and liner) created to represent what a 7th Infantry Division helmet would have looked like during Operation Flintlock during WWII.
This M1 helmet and liner have been carefully brought back to life with painstaking detail. This is evident in the use of "United Carr" marked hardware on the liner chinstrap / nape straps and, most importantly, by the use of actual shuttle loomed 20/2 mercerised yarn olive drab #3 chinstrap and herring bone twill (HBT) suspension webbing. This webbing was made on one of our three original WWII era shuttle loom that we have restored.
At Top Pots, we are not just "reproducing" WWII webbing... we are "remaking" it... on the only set of functional original WWII era Saurer looms in the business!
If you are looking for a restored US WWII helmet with the correct Type II Mil-Spec 530 11 row weave chain-pattern and 20/2 mercerised herring bone twill suspension cloth, making it indistinguishable from an original, this is for you!
This restored US M1 helmet is complete as shown and includes the following:
- 1 Original US M1 helmet shell (REAR SEAM)
- Correct FS34087 lustreles olive drab exterior paint
- Cork textured
- Swivel bale chinstrap loops
- Hand painted Operation Flintlock camouflage pattern
- Aged finish
- 1 US M1 helmet liner (with no insignia hole)
- Shuttle loomed olive drab #3 HBT suspension (includes)
- Upper suspension (single weave HBT with QM stamps)
- Lace cord
- Back strap
- Nape strap (set with United Carr hardware)
- Sweatband (WWII dated)
- Six clips
- Leather liner chinstrap (set with United Carr hardware and QM stamped)
- Infantry chinstraps (late war buckle with "j" hook attachment)
This is the finest restored US WWII M1 helmet available and would make a fine addition to any collection, costume, display, re-enacting impression or presentation as a gift.